ITS 2022! - A late entry for 2022

Why is blogging getting more and more unpopular? Blogging was super popular starting back in 2005. Everyone was using it as it serves its purpose as a personal diary.. albeit being online and is publicly published to the public in the world. So why is blogging getting less and less used? 

I for once still use it. Although this is my second account. The first one had to be deleted as it contains past things that I am not fond of. Blogging is still a way for me to get everything from my head and chest...and into this white piece of document. In other words, I still use it but rarely, and it is a way for me to continue on writing about what I feel and experience, so that as the years come and when I look back at this blog, there are things where I can look back and reminisce part of my memory and experience that I may have forgotten. 

Well, enough of me going all wise and all xD I guess my age is starting to show? Hah! I started blogging when I was 18 years old, 2007 to be precise. And now... in 2022, I am 33 years old. how time flew. 

As I sit here while listening to traditional Chinese traditional instrumental bamboo music it occurs to me that hey... we are mid year in 2022. Another 4 more months to December 2022. And this is my first blog for 2022. LOL. I am getting lame :P

Alot happened to me since 2020. The Covid Pandemic, Resigned from RSPO and started in a new company with a very challenging position. Although it is challenging, it is still within my industry background. I would say that the company that I currently work at is lucky to have me with them. With the amount of work I did to clean up all its legacy mess, and weirdly it starts to appear when I hold that position. One thing about legacy mess and problems, it is a fucking time bomb. And what a time to appear when I hold that position. LOL. 

I miss travelling. Last time I use to be so eager to travel, eventhough it is work travel. Especially overseas travelling and work travelling. But now, I would like to avoid travelling as much as possible. Especially work travels. Not because of Covid, but due to stress, work load and just tired. I don't mind travelling, if it is with my husband and family, but if it is work travelling, the stress doubles, the work load doubles, and the tiredness. Especially if it is a long haul flight, Ohhhhh Boy~ My limit for a long haul flight is 6 hours. Anything above 6 hours I would like to avoid it as much as possible especially if there is transit in between. 

2022 I am just trying to finish up everything to my most potential. I have plans for 2023. It is my ambition, my dream to work overseas. Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, Sweden to name a few *wink-wink*. Why? It is very cliché to say because it is a dream to work overseas. Why I want to work overseas is simple. You gain further knowledge, and insight. Well, what is the difference of gaining knowledge and insight in your own country? Well, the difference is simply because of culture and belief. I have been in the sustainable industry for 10 years. Different country have different ways of thinking, different views, different belief on how they think. Especially in a country where a person that have been in the industry for 20-30 years without being exposed to how different other people of different nationality, other culture think or handle things. Because they were brought up and shaped from such a young age have made their belief to be cemented as it is, without wanting to go out from the box. Therefore, for me to be around that type of belief, that type of how people handle things, and that overall thinking does not promote any positive growth at all for myself. And because of this, I felt things are stagnant. The opportunity to grow further is only within that box, within that particular set of belief. That is why I wanted to work overseas, to gain knowledge and insight that is out of the box that I could not find in my own country.  And I believe this is an opportunity of a lifetime to grow further. PLUS, I would be lying if I say I don't feel excited and eager to work overseas. :D

My cousin said better start searching now if I would like to work overseas. It takes a bit of time and TONS of patience. I will... slowly but surely, as well as DOA (Prayer). Prayer to god is important as well. If he wills it, he will allow it to happen. In sha Allah.

Welp... it is 11.55pm. Saturday. 5 more minutes till Sunday :D. I'll end my first blog here. Might continue, and release more blog if I have free time to do it :D

Till then, Stay Tuned!

DK




Comments

Popular Posts